Check Out Why So Many Love Our Certification
The objective of the OTS Exercise Specialist Certification is to develop a high level skill set in personal trainers through our guided methodology to transcend and optimize proficiency in their craft. Our goal is to deliver both a theoretical and practical protocol which can be implemented for immediate results. Our diverse team of educators will give personal trainers various perspectives of the dynamic and ever-changing industry and give them assurance to tackle the industry head on. This course will give you the confidence to present and utilize a clear system to progress your client from day one to goal attainment regardless of their fitness level. Remember information can never be substituted for education. In order to learn this material you must utilize high levels of repetition and execution.
- Personal Training Covenant
Where does Personal Training Fit in the industry?
- Scope of Practice & the evolution of the role
- How to be competitive in the industry?
- Course Takeaway
- Muscular anatomy and its relationship to fitness (Locate, Palpate, Facilitate)
- Skeletal anatomy and its relationship to fitness
- Fascial Systems and its relationship to fitness
- How to train each structure
Stretch Protocol (Static, Dynamic, PNF)
- Mobility Protocol
- Stability Protocol
- Weight Training Protocol
- Coaching Protocol for optimal client experience
- Progression, Regression & Modification
- What ‘Pain’ Really means
- Troubleshooting Warm-up protocol for minor injury
- Troubleshooting Training protocol for minor injury
- Troubleshooting Cool Down protocol for minor injury
- Coaching Protocol – Non Negotiables
- Passive, Active, Complex Movement Sequences
- Passive exercise programming
- Active exercise programming
- Complex exercise programming
- Lymph Nodes & their effect on training
- OTS baseline assessment Protocol
- What should an assessment tell us?
- How to make your assessment relatable?
- Maximizing Assessment results
- The power of the reassessment
- How to know if your assessment is any good?
- Program design for (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
- Program design for (Elderly, Injured, Obese)
- Periodization for (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
- Periodization for (Elderly, Injured, Obese)
- Periodization for (Strength, Endurance, Hypertrophy)
- Five Fatal Flaws
- The value of an Exercise Specialist
Meet Your Instructors
B.Comn, CSCS, ES
With over 10 years of experience in both a training and teaching capacity Daniel brings a unique approach to the certification process.
Detail driven and goal oriented, he will be sure to push you out of your comfort zone and challenge you to re-strategize how you think about all things health and wellness.
B. Kin, STR
With half a decade of experience running her own private practice, Tatiana has built a reputation for herself as one of the best therapists in Toronto.
As a specialist in rehabilitative practice, her insights have helped create the world class OTS assessment protocol.
Nationally Accreditation allows our certification is recognized by the largest education bodies in the country. Upon completion you can rest assured that you will have received the Gold Standard of education.
Optimized For Learning
The virtual certification has been optimized to ensure you are able to take away an experience from home that parallels the in-class dynamic. With multiple streams of practical opportunity, you will be set up to thrive in an in-house setting.
Hundreds of students have attended our acclaimed courses, workshops, lectures and seminars. Join one of the most professional organizations to North America to learn everything you need to create a long standing career in a competitive industry.
The virtual certification is unique because it is easily attainable for anyone with an interest in health and wellness. Our payment program options allow you to reserve a spot at any time and then complete payment at your own pace.
See What Our Students Say!
Check out what some of our graduates say.
How does the online course work?
How are the exams administered?
How do I complete my certification?
Is this course good for beginners?
How long does it take to complete the Certification?
Are the lectures mandatory?
Send us your question and we will follow up!